Monday, April 28, 2014

The Return of Captain Panda



Hi.

How are you?

It's been a while since we've talked. You're probably pretty mad at me, aren't you? I suppose you have a right to be. I mean, it's been over a year since I last published something on the blog; I bet the guy in Germany doesn't want to follow me anymore.

Wenn Sie immer noch lesen, Bayerische Bastard zur herrlichen Sie Sie, dann danke, dass so loyal.
So, what on earth happened to me in the year that I've been gone? Chenck it out:

In March of 2013, I moved back from Wisconsin to golden, glorious Minnesota. If I can help it, I'll never set foot in the Badger state again.

Pictured: Wisconsin's reaction.
In June of 2013, this happened:


...

Shut up.

You'll notice that the new cast for KotN has been announced. In fact, I think they've already started airing the show. You'll also notice that I'm not part of the cast. Apparently they didn't appreciate my brand of nerd-dom. Whatever.

I was, once again, part of the cast for the 2013 Minnesota Renaissance Festival. Once again, I annoyed the King and made a fool of myself. This year wasn't nearly as eventful as 2012, though. This year should be very interesting.

Oh, what a beautiful morning...
In December of 2013, I lost my job as a server at Red Lobster. Didn't really matter much, though, since it was really a crappy job to begin with.

The biscuits are good, but after several dozen of them over a year and a half,
they tend to lose their appeal.
About a month and a half later, in February of 2014 (HAPPY NEW YEAR! *fwee*) one of my friends got me a job with Catholic Charities at a men's homeless shelter in Minneapolis.

I told them I wasn't Catholic...they didn't seem to care. Awkward.
Now, I know what you're thinking, and, no, I'm not volunteering at a homeless shelter, I'm working at a homeless shelter. I am an employee of Catholic Charities. You might think that I'm out of my mind, but the thing is, even though my position is On-Call and I don't have a guaranteed schedule (yet) I'm still making more money that I ever did in the service industry.

And it is SO satisfying to be able to tell somebody 'No.'

So, those are the highlights of my year. How was yours? Comment if you want to.

If you're still there...
So that's where I'm going to leave you for this episode, boys and girls. I promise I won't be gone long this time around. As a matter of fact, I'll be starting up a new feature within the next week or so, so be sure and stay tuned for that.

Until then, I leave you with this. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment